Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Limited Letting Go (Jim)

I move into deep relationship with God, only by doing exactly that, by moving into deep moment to moment relationship with God. I know how to do that but fear it. I think I do it a bit differently than most. Eastern meditation sees letting go of your will in meditation as a letting go of attachments, which they do by creating a space of nothingness. I create a similar space but not for it’s own sake. When I do that I know of no way to describe it except to say that I turn my back on my will. The reason I step out of the drivers seat, turn my back on my will, is to allow God’s will to come in. Problem is I don’t know what will come in, I’ve been mistaken or deceived before. So I tend to look over my shoulder, always distrusting any will but my own. It’s like the feeling I have with Ty that I could never trust him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home