Sunday, November 27, 2005

Usurped Religion - Dream (Jim)

Dreams 11/27/2005

Saturday, November 26th, 2005 - (Powerlessness)
“Usurped Religion”

Last nights dream seems to continue on the role of sabotage began in the previous dream “Trivializing Spirituality”, where I was in agreement with the terrorist organization in its hatred of the commercialization of religion.

I dream that I am part of a religious ceremony where George Bush is faking his death, to prepare the country for the possibility. So that everyone knows that he’s not actually dead, he is lying crossways in the casket and has his eyes open and looking around. A woman cleric puts oil on his forehead and says the blessing, then the public is allowed to come by for the viewing. The public can then have a sip of wine but must also consume a wafer, which is designed to counteract the effects of the wine. One viewer, dressed as a Roman Catholic priest in full robes, will not stop consuming wine and fake wafers however, so security approaches him, but just before they reach him, he climbs atop the alter and walks across it and away.

Later during the mass which follows, I am a server. As I go for the decanters of wine and water for the offertory, they are gone. I must go back into the robe room for more. Then later, I can not help with communion because the pattens are also stolen. The priest tells me to wash the cups used for the earlier wine and the fake wafers, instead. I secretly relish the saboteurs disruptions of Bush’s ceremony.

1 Comments:

Blogger LifeWriter said...

Again and again, Jim, the Catholic imagery emerges like holy clockwork from your writing. I can't help but wonder if you can ever hope (or, more to the point,n if you should want) to escape from these pervasive and powerful "Memories of a Catholic Boyhood" (sic).
(BRAD)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home