Monday, November 14, 2005

Reiki - !st Vision (by Jim)

I was dumbfounded with the vision I’d just had. I don’t know why, everything so far had surprised me about the Reiki, 3 day workshop. Why should this have been any different?

I’d sat in on a free pre-workshop introduction, at my massage therapists office, that she had encouraged me to go to. I wasn’t at all convinced but was intrigued by this Chinese, Chi energy, used for healing, and not knowing why I signed up for the workshop. Cliff had me seeing the massage therapist once a week, to help with the panic attacks, high anxiety and burning energy on my skin. I could barely tolerate being touched or being around others.

The first day of the workshop, I had to force myself out the door of my apartment. I had subliminally heard these three crows calling out loudly, high above, as I came out my door, but midway down my sidewalk they actually stopped me, and made me turn and look at them. They shrieked caw, caw, caw, directly at me. Everyone in the workshop had animal encounter stories, usually in three’s, when I got to the workshop. We looked each up. Crows cawing are saying CAN’T, which is exactly how I felt about being there.

It was now the second day, and I was beginning to believe this guy, since every incredible thing he’d predicted would occur, had so far. In Reiki alignments, you lay on a massage table and the facilitator never actually touches you. Instead they glide along the surface of an energy bubble, like an aura, around you, sensing where it is constricted. Where the blockage occurred was very relevant, since the body part affected, metaphorically reflected, how you were blocked in life. Healing occurred simply by getting energy moving through the area again. No dialogue about what the issue is occurs. Also, only energy ready to be released, is.

Animals continued to be involved in various ways throughout the workshop. The instructor was also a shaman. For example, every time one lady would lie down for an alignment, three sparrows would suddenly be at the outside window, tapping insistently at the glass. I marveled at this.

By this time in the second day we all had enough hands on experience to participate in alignments, and some volunteers from previous classes, also joined us to help. We were encouraged to be vocal, to help the energy move more volatilely. Several people were lying on tables now, with three facilitators around each, and the instructor circulating between tables. We were to try to make contact with our spiritual animal guide. The room was getting really loud. I wondered what the neighbors thought.

I wasn’t expecting a thing, as I laid on the table. I was aware that the cute guy in the baggy, Japanese style, white, pajamas, was at my head, saying something. He had a great voice. Like many here, he was a masseuse, but he and his brother specialized in helping women who had been raped repeatedly, get at their role in it. I wanted to please him. The three of them located where my energy was blocked, and focused energy there. Suddenly I was in the vision.

I was in the woods beside a towering rock outcropping, when my hair stood up on the back of my neck. I felt and heard a low, rumbling growl from above. Looking up I saw a black leopard, poised to strike. I collapsed on the ground into a quivering pool of jelly, but my eyes never left the leopards eyes. Ever so slowly my perspective changed. I was the leopard looking down on my quivering mass of nerves below, with contempt. As the leopard, I could feel my power, as I contemplated a kill. Still later as I switched back and forth between the two perspectives, I realized now that I was both. That was the vision.

It had a profound affect on my life. I hadn’t been able to work for months now, but still the company let me stay, until they were through dissolving the business. I couldn’t imagine surviving a day not working. What if I could never work again? I had plenty of savings and a huge severance check, but I was so sure I’d be homeless the day work ended. I really, really needed to not work, to give time to myself. The vision gave me the courage I needed, to do just that, in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home